At Green Oasis School (GOS), we welcome applicants from all students regardles sof nationality and background.To ensure we enroll the best of the available candidates,we have introduced a selection process for interview.
Before being considered for admission interviews,all applicants must: 在筛选面试的候选人前，所有人必须：
· have submitted all of the paperwork · 已提交所有纸质资料
· be applying for the correct academic year group · 申请正确的年级
When selecting candidates for interview,priority will be given to applicants: 在选择面试候选人时，会优先考虑：
· with siblings already at the school · 有兄弟姐妹在学校
· according to their level of English on the admissions form – this will be further assessed at testing by a GOS teacher or a written assessment
· with a variety of interests outside school;eg musical,sport,computing etc · 在校外有各种各样的兴趣爱好，如音乐、体育、计算机等 · who have already at tended an international schoolor Kindergarten(for applicants to KS1 only) · 已经上过国际学校或幼儿园（仅供 KS1 的申请人） · with a letter of recommendation · 有推荐信的
Once selected for admissions testing, the applicant’s further progress will depend upon his/her performance in an independent assessment process informed by teacher observations一旦被选中参加入学考试，申请人的进展将取决于他/她在教师观察报告中独立评估的表现。
For testing,all applicants: 对于测试，所有候选人：
· need to present themselves with identification in a timely manner. · 需要提供身份证明
· will be photographed. · 将被拍摄
The assessment process 评估过程
In KS1 children are assessed in a guide dplay situation with teachers evaluating ,among others things ,the applicants level of spoken and written English .Strong applicants will demonstrate most,if not all,of the following:
· play with others , sharing equipment · 与他人玩耍并分享教具、玩具
· can follow instructions in English · 可以理解英文的指令
· can respond verbally in English · 可以用英语口头回复
· are able to write the irname and other words · 可以书写自己的名字和其他字词
· have an interest in and understanding of numbers · 理解数字和对其有兴趣
Candidates who demonstrate some or all of these will also be considered depending upon the number ofvacancies.
In KS2 , candidates will sit an assessment in Maths , reading and writing . Good candidates will:
· Behavewell · 表现良好
· scorewellinallareas · 在各方面成绩优秀
· have strong calculation skills and attempt word problems · 有较强的计算能力和能够解决应用题
· answer comprehension questions inaway that shows understanding of the text· 理解文本并能回答问题
· complete the written assessment showing a command of the written language that is comparable with the year group applied for · 完成书面测试，显示出与所申请的年级相匹配的书面语言能力 These candidates will be invited for an oral interview. 候选人将被邀请参加口语面试
In KS3 and KS4,candidates will sit a written exam in Math ematics and English(Year10 students will also be assessed in Science). Before proceeding to oral interview, applicants need to attain 60% or more on the Englishpaper.
Following the written assessments for KS2‐4, applications will be evaluated and selection will be made for oral interviews.
At oral interview,applicants will speak with the Head of Primary or Secondary (depending upon the section being applied for).This will be an informal conversation designed to determine whether the level of spoken English is of a comparable level with the other students in the year group.
· follow a conversation and make appropriate comments · 进行对话，并做出适当的评论
Strong candidates will 优秀的候选人将：
· ask questions of the interviewer to develop the conversation further · 询问面试官的问题，进一步发展对话
· be confident in speaking with an adult · 与成年人交谈时表现出自信
· be polite and respectful with the comments they make · 对他们所做的评论要有礼貌和尊重
At the same time as the oral interview, candidates parents will be invited for interview with the Principal and VicePrincipal. There will be a wide ranging conversation focusing on the child which will focus on:
· educational ideas · 教育理念
· your educational plan for your child · 对孩子的教育规划
· your support for the learning of English · 你对英语学习的支持
· how much you know about GOS and the way we teach· 你对城市绿洲学校和我们的教学方式有多了解· yoursupportforthestudentsandstaffofGOS· 你对学生和教职员的支持
At all stages the Principal and VicePrincipal make the final decision regarding selection.